Re: LF: Re: Increased ERP on 137.5kHz - WSPR reports please

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Increased ERP on 137.5kHz - WSPR reports please
From: Andy Talbot <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 19:19:41 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=NMmDbiWzAyVn4gL+WU/XfpSG8UAtPsZ9t/6s7huEXyE=; b=v2K/vviZsaTj/FFFi3seLzds1H0j3/q2zM+8DiJk7uENmYCbOJy0h7L0Hy7aaGKDO2 AwXEf4xTulTlCSnLJw7uDe056jl3884rt4pFV0O5zo9ghyQltPOsGdFMQ0LyO8vgzxU4 DV8/mCp/sYhVhuXaoWXzxDd1Pr+jQH1TkI4Jc=
Sender: [email protected]
If I understand corrrctly, you're measuring the current into the tap then?
In any case, I doubt a ferrite rod even at that power could be linear as a loading coil
For example ::

Using the approximation of 6pF /metre, antenna cap = 18pF.  Lets call it 25pF to allows for strays.
That will need 53mH to resonate, and Xc / Xl =  j46k ohms.
If you were to have 180mA flowing in the antenna, it would therefore have around 8kV on it.

If we assume a ferrite rod 8mm diameter,  X sectional area = 50mm^2, and allow a Bmax of 0.2 Tesla
Using V = 4.44.F,N.A.B  it will need 270 turns to avoid saturation.
Which I'm guessing it hasn't got.  If it has, it'll be very thin wire that can't take 8kV

Andy
'JNT/'IMR