Re: LF: 8970 today

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 8970 today
From: Gerhard Hickl <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 18:28:39 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Dear Lubos, Jacek and Henny!

Thank you all for your reports and the pictures enclosed.

Today was very windy as usual, it was even a storm and so maybe not the
best weather to do some tests. At least it was (almost) dry.

I had to interrupt two times due to light rain. The loading coil (460 to
570mH Variometer)is on a 400 litres barrel, located in "open air". If it
gets wet, the enamel-insulation may blow and I don't want to take that
risk.

I'm using an Audio-PA to generate about 150W (?) output at 14V and 14A
input. I don't have any idea about the efficiency of Audio equipment so
this is only a guess.

The antenna is my LF-Marconi: 16m vertical and abt. 100m topload at
least 12m above ground, all realised with fibre-poles. That's why this
construction is very sensitive to strong wind.

The antenna-current was measured at 500mA with a full-bridge rectifier
and a 1R shunt-resistor, normalized to  RMS.

I think by end of this month I will have a GPS-disciplined generator
available which will produce much nicer pictures on grabbers than I do
now.

Many thanks for your reports and efforts and

73

OE3GHB
Gerhard