LF: 8.970kHz

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 8.970kHz
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 14:25:06 +0100
Accept-language: nl-NL, nl-BE
Acceptlanguage: nl-NL, nl-BE
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Stefan,

I still do not have a proper VLF setup, sri.

But an hour ago I did a "quick and dirty" test:

just connected the 500kHz antenna to the mic in of the soundcard, using an old PC (pentium 400MHz) as I didn't wanted to risk the good soundcard.  I did set the sample rate to 22.1kHz and FFT bin to 524288. The resu!t was a clear trace on 8970Hz, so a positive id of your signal. An attemt to improve SNR by increasing the FFT bin to 2097152 resulted in a PC crash. Most likely due to insiffucient memory rather than the PC speed.

I know, after being copied in Isreal my report is not very spectacular, but you can add another country to your "being heard" list.

73, Rik  ON7YD - OR7T