LF: UT vs CET / CEST

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: UT vs CET / CEST
From: "Markus Vester" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 15:58:39 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi John, my idea was that UT (unlike UK time) does not switch during the summer? So CEST was UT+2, and CET is UT+1. Forgetting to readjust the SpecLab offset in autumn would result in a timescale which is an hour early.

73, Markus

Sent: Saturday, December 04, 2010 3:32 PM
Subject: Re: LF: 8970 Stefan started 11:04 UTC

On 4 Dec 2010, at 15:04CET, Markus Vester wrote:

> as far as I can see, the transmission on 8970 started at 12:02 UT. There may
> have been an error due to the change in UT - CET difference after the end of
> daylight saving time.

There is no change.  CET is always 1 hr in advance of UTC.  In winter most of Western Europe is on CET (MEZ auf Deutsch).  In the spring they put the clocks forward 1hr and are on CEST (MESZ auf Deutsch?).

The problem is that some TV companies - including BBC World (who ought to know better) - fail to correct the time code they show on screen.

John F5VLF