Re: LF: VLF - G3XIZ - QRT

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: VLF - G3XIZ - QRT
From: "Markus Vester" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 14:35:19 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Chris, Dave and group,

I have temporarily shifted the 0.95 milliHz spectrogram at http://www.mydarc.de/df6nm/vlf/vlfgrabber.htm to your QRG, but no significant trace so far. With a couple ef 100 milliamps up a balloon borne wire, there would have been a very real chance for a detection. Hope you can get that coil fixed!

But I would suggest to go way slower - forget about QRSS-10, and start thinking about many minutes or hours of coherent carrier transmission ;-) My multi-hour transmissions in October were sent from a similar sized backyard antenna, and were clearly detected both by Stefan in Heidelberg at about 180 km and by Paul in Todmorden at 1027 km, using about 40 microHz resolution.

Wishing the best of luck,

73, Markus (DF6NM)