Re: LF: ARGO Help Needed by JA7NI

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: ARGO Help Needed by JA7NI
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 14:13:52 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
> JA7NI, Kuni, is looking for someone that can provide him
> with a modified ARGO capable of displaying a wider freq
> coverage at QRSS120.

The solution is to use SpecLab, see
http://www.qsl.net/dl4yhf/spectra1.html
This is more complex then Argo, but is much more flexible. Several Eu
grabbers (eg DF6NM) use this software and the operators will be able
to give advice.

I do not believe that setting a grabber to QRSS120 is useful. I have
made this the subject of another thread.

> Anyway, JA7NI is almost ready to listen for EU, and  "big
> guns", please give it a try!
> http://ja7ni.pv.land.to/argo

I have already tried using this grabber to see my QRSS, but it would
help if a secod grabber window could be provided to cover the Eu DX
sub-band centred on 136.320. This would avoid me causing QRM to those
listening for Russian stations. A second window is easily implemented
using SoecLab.

Mike, G3XDV