Re: VLF: Spike in SpecLab

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: Spike in SpecLab
From: Gerhard Hickl <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2010 10:35:38 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Rick, Markus!

Or maybe your sound-card does not cope with the actual sampling-rate /
FFT setting. I had such effects on different sound-cards, showing me
signals where none is.

I also tried Stefan's .usr setting but here the Clipper (Hard Limiter)
is on permanently becasue I'm constantly 5 to 10 db over the average
Level.(Clipping Level B). I adjusted the input-level of the sound-card
so that no red signal appears in the input-monitor. So why is it
clipping constantly?

I'm not sure if this is good for the signal-display and maybe I'm going
to switch it off.

73
OE3GHB
Gerhard