LF: Any ADSL2 BBand router / RF proof ?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Any ADSL2 BBand router / RF proof ?
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 13:59:30 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
No  progress , filters  , position  nothing  worked ,

So  Just checked the  speed  and  re fitted the  old  modem ...only  to  find it giving the  same  up and  down load speed as the  new  one  6.5 meg / 0.85 meg , previously up  was  0.55 meg max ... fine , the old  router is rated at  10 meg  max , so I may  not  see  9 as the  new one gave  'occasionally'

I have the  idea  that  the  faster  up speed  is perhaps making  the bigger  improvement  to  overall   performance

Both have  FCC  mark  ,

EDIMAX  ,  FCC  Ref 'PART 15 '   1&2
Netgear has FCC   ID  :  PY309300114 (no hits in google .. odd)

In use  >>  Edimax   AR7024WG
out of use   Netgear DGS1000

G..

Sent: Friday, November 26, 2010 1:21 PM
Subject: RE: LF: Any ADSL2 BBand router / RF proof ?

Dear All,

As a precaution I wound the phone and power leads to my old ADSL netgear 834WG router on to separate red ferrite rings and have also used the big clamp on ferrites too and it sits quite happily with RF, even when I have the TL922 on at legal limit.  It my /A QTH in NI I have a Sky broadband router and that?s in the same room as the atu/balun and end of my long wire, so far from ideal in terms of RF good practice, this too is fine with 100W out from my TS570 except on 40m and topband where the ATU seems to struggle and so mismatch is causing some interference which drops the ADSL.

For me I use the ferrite winding pattern as is oft described in the RSGB tomes.

Curiously, ferrites did not cure my very noisy APC UPS (1000W unit) and this renders 1 to 30MHz unuseable as a cacophony of bubbles and squeals migrates up and down numerous simultaneous 5MHz segments.    My 700W version of the APC is fine.

Hey ho

With best to all

Jim G7NKS  (back to the coil winding for VLF)

p.s. Thanks Roger for the namecheck in this months PW