Re: LF: OE5ODL on VLF

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: OE5ODL on VLF
From: Gerhard Hickl <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 19:05:51 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Stefan!

The fence was just used in the first attempt for transmitting and is
meanwhile replaced by Ossi's LF-antenna. Still Ossi is using fences
around his QTH but only for receiving and to check his own signal.

The big goal was to have a signal on his grabber so that he would be
able to improve the set-up. Yesterday, for the first time after a lot of
work, we saw a clear signal there.

I built a MiniWhip for the receiving station but we had some problems
with the audio driver on the netbook he is using. No matter what
sample-rate was chosen in SpecLab, no signal above 8khz could be
received. Meanwhile we replaced this audio-driver by a new version and
now the netbook is working as expected, showing signals up to 24Khz.

This is only a fraction of the problems we had to deal with.

73
OE3GHB
Gerhard