Re: LF: Grabbers - how do you do it?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Grabbers - how do you do it?
From: Markus Vester <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 05:28:19 -0500
Sender: [email protected]
trying to repost this mail, as it didn't come through last night...

Dear Roger,

you may want to create a html webpage, and you will have to periodically
upload an image. The latter is perhaps the more tricky part, and I will
describe the way I use the DOS FTP client which comes with Windows.

First go to the SpecLab home directory (normally c:\Spectrum) and create a
textfile named eg. "ftp_vlf.txt", containing the ftp commands:
==============
open <host>
<login>
<password>
quote pasv
bin
put vlf.jpg vlf.jpg
bye
==============
Host, login and password are the information given by your provider, without
the brackets. The quote pasv command may or may not be required.

Then open SpecLab's periodic actions tab, and enter the lines
capture ("vlf.jpg")
exec ("ftp -s:ftp_vlf.txt")
into the action macro field. Fill in a time interval (eg. 00:10:00) between
captures, check the "active" box and click "Ok".

Hope that may be useful...

73, Markus (DF6NM)