Re: LF: 9kHz NoVs

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 9kHz NoVs
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 19:16:16 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=yqfUOY3pBsVj0QuaxseOp0+V/coqnuoUXxDbOS/CkkI=; b=oNtfULZwMOwrxCubbFnVHmiRj5ILxdEgm9dSR5pVWchPKLo3Uj2gBQuZ1QS7TDZzzH zQfQTXX53LmtECfTrsFAjCKh/x/O1cfZHpppSocjQSFlTq32WLlORZ5AwXYF93DMcCoL igfBwKnAWhVuUGYtS57QpkdsEE/eMsw55ijXs=
Sender: [email protected]
Yes, we are expecting these to be issued within days.

The lady at the Met Office who has been checking what OFCOM finally proposed is happy and thinks we will be too. She'd left me a voicemail when I got back from South Africa today saying as much, but did not give me more details.

Assuming there are no silly restrictions then I think OFCOM would be happy for more NoVs to be issued, but may I suggest we see the wording before rushing in with new applications for a week or so?  As soon the first NoVs come through we'll share their contents here. Actually I'm pretty sure Rod at OFCOM is being supportive and is genuinely interested in the serious work now being done in Europe and elsewhere below 9kHz.

In the last 12 months sub-9kHz has gone from being a Dreamer's Band to a part of the spectrum in which serious experimental work is being carried out and OFCOM realise that this work is decent radio science worthy of support and encouragement.

73s
Roger G3XBM