Re: LF: RFspace SDR-IQ

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: RFspace SDR-IQ
From: "Clemens Paul" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 20:48:38 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Alan,

you seem to impute that there are no shortcommings in direct
sampling! :-))

Not at all,I just meant to emphasize the difference between the two
common SDR architectures,i.e.between the direct samplers and the
IQ mixer concepts.
The message was:
If SDR, then direct sampler.

and I do
own a couple very good conventional receivers

Here too.
If you're interested I can send you an audio file demonstrating
the reciprocal mixing on a E1800 and an Icom IC-7800
compared to Perseus (which doesn't show any RM in this setup).

73
Clemens
DL4RAJ

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>