LF: TIL captured in JA...

To: [email protected], "Discussion of the Lowfer (US, European, &amp; UK) and MedFer bands" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: TIL captured in JA...
From: Scott Tilley <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 23:17:38 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
 Hi All

JA7NI has been slowly but surely improving his ability to hear and was successful capture 'TIL' during his sunset yesterday. After revealing the magic of Loran lines to the JA ops they suddenly seem to hear me on a daily basis :-)

Upon reviewing the overnight data the present window seems to start best at JA sunset. Near continous reception may be possible during the window as my signal was seen in traces for most of the mutual darkness path. NI plans to install a large receiving loop on the 20th to compliment his 1000' beverage.

Local QRM seems to be an issue with most if not all JA reception attempts and may be their limiting factor especially since the mutual window is during their evening the worst time of day for QRM.

73 Scott
VE7TIL CN89dk
http://www3.telus.net/sthed/argo/