LF: UK sub-9kHz NoV update

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: UK sub-9kHz NoV update
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 10:26:50 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=OMYj7B4byNfPXsr+YVY6QWmEFFS/5pliFvXdHzi5vec=; b=OUEWkaOUCE01YKxn9tuSWlLcVeMDro5C0tmHNieKrhKsaek4JqzKksBgxExiKPS+Rb R2rzyUwUcysBazMCoGU4jjO+NxivWJ/PC8CRBArhSG4nJSMwfNTndRJxVnpCu94MuGCO IjhzCIsVwUP5GH0e84WskAC/4VZvKa1QoL+p8=
Sender: [email protected]
From Rod Wilkinson at OFCOM today:

Gentlemen,

Hello, as promised I am updating you all as to the progress of your applications to obtain a Special Research Permit, Notice of Variation (SRP NoV) to your Amateur Radio (Full) licence. The purpose of which will be to allow experimental operation on a frequency between 8 and 10 kHz.

Firstly may we thank you and say that we appreciate your patience whilst Ofcom has been in continuing discussion with the Met Office concerning your interest in undertaking experimental operation. We are now in a position where we can proceed with the application process and have offered your applications, as per all SRP applications, to the RSGB for comment. We will then offer them to the Met Office, agreeing on a frequency etc and then all being acceptable and at last, issue the NoVs.

I hope this update is helpful but should you have any concerns please contact me.

73 to all

Rod (G3TXA)

Rod Wilkinson

OLC Senior Associate, Amateur Radio

020 7783 4488 (direct line)

[email protected]

So, it sounds like we may get some NoVs issued in the UK before too long now.  BTW, I have responded thanking Rod and suggesting that a band of frequencies would be preferable to a single spot allocation e.g. 6-9kHz.

73s
Roger G3XBM
--
http://g3xbm-qrp.blogspot.com/