Re: LF: Noise R75 - rs232 from smpsu -

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Noise R75 - rs232 from smpsu -
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 11:35:41 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btinternet.com; s=s1024; t=1280832217; bh=8Yp31ns+9VFuYVzJyiLO5Q6DFTaobsL7t6+p41zus/A=; h=Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Antivirus:X-Antivirus-Status; b=QkTMg26m38SMpTv+ZZLwILJYz1in8/yXM+4JEFtq8FCYEw9Af31EWTC/wet+7DGF+ohcSrDNN3HdyPTRWIHjG0IVvqcQI9/dNSsd4ZWoM8uD6196ZHdcbJ4kPn9rKHkkEE0NBOqBtMIw3qd9vjo87OdNdVbG8chKIWNPTUZD0Fg=
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=DKIM-Signature:Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Antivirus:X-Antivirus-Status; b=SvTQdkINbNp+nBNcICrSaE8zXdDJP6tRcDdC2WLqj5PncDOkHHZWUSxh3fU9TG1t/agAQvM4weo52KJO/6NH0SdFwEcUh48sd3EdMDMXgBVtkIos6isagR7IuNEOJvLcTh1D27KyCSyFwOOsnqoDdbCaz9qocLLZQ4y40AUim7U= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Laurence I have found some problems with the "two wire" versions where
the powered instrument has no proper ground connection....VLF receivers etc.
But often this can be cured by grounding one side of the low-voltage output.
As they are in plastic cases you can do much about radiation from the
"brick" itself. Lead radiation seemed to be worse from two wire than 3 wire
mains supplies (of course).

Lyle Street !! .....tut tut another youthful indiscretion :-)) Service
Trading were still going just a few years ago with an address in Chiswick!!

Alan G3NYK