Re: LF: Canadian LoranC off!

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Canadian LoranC off!
From: <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 11:33:26 -0700
Sender: [email protected]
Scott,

This is almost too funny...I needed to do an 8 kHz sampling rate cal on this
laptop, and tuned down to 100 kHz this afternoon around 1800 UTC. The Loran-C
signal sounded a bit odd, with slow QSB as if there was interference. I had
just set up to use SpecLab for the cal, and everything went away. Waited and
waited, and then checked the USCG site to find that they were shutting down the
remaining Canadian rates as of 1900 UTC today. So, I guess I copied the end
from Nantucket, MA.

Never did the samp rate cal though! The possibilities are limited in the woods
of Maine.

John, W1TAG (just hearing noise and crashes on 100 kHz)