Re: LF: My first 137kHz WSPR report

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: My first 137kHz WSPR report
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 20:22:59 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Ok Roger

Yes  all the  'ros' modes are  live  keyboard chat modes.

One  point  is, ros is not a  -time locked- mode , so  no  need  for a  live web connection
handy for  remote  monitoring !

Yes I have seen  mf-1  decoding when  wspr had stopped , but  500  is tricky  with  qsb etc , that
was during the  day  via the  delft  web-sdr, but  as of yet I cannot manage a decode via tweant or delft
on 500  , even though a PA stn  was showing -17db on wspr , as was Rik round the  same time
will  be interesting to  see  how the  ground and 137 pans out ?

there is a  mf-1  audio  test  file  on the  ros web site , with text message in  mf-1  at -33 dB

Ive  sent some  notes direct  with  web-links .. should  be a  starting point

73-G,,

Sent: Monday, August 30, 2010 4:22 PM

Hi Graham,

Not tried MF-1 yet Graham but I'm interested in trying some new weak signal modes as long as they don't require much effort to set up and run: I'm no PC genius so it needs to be easy!  Do you believe that this is the case with this mode yet? Maybe you could advise me how to set up and run this.

BTW, -33dB S/N for 100% decode sounds like more than 3-4dB better than WSPR, suggesting it would be a very useful mode for my kind of tiny/simple/QRPp set-up - and it supports QSOs I think?

Did you like the state-of the-art heatsink on the 136kHz TX transverter? Only had a couple of croc-clips handy but this seems to be enough to keep the IRF510 PA from getting too warm.  Yes, transverting down from 10MHz band with the 136kHz transverter and from 28MHz with the one done last year for 500kHz.

73s
Roger G3XBM