Re: VLF: DK7FC's 6th VLF kite experiment

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: DK7FC's 6th VLF kite experiment
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 18:43:05 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Michel,

Thank you very much for the interest and the appempt to catch the signal. It's the first time i read something from you (regarding the VLF tests) and i am generally impressed by the amount of people in so many different countries who are present here on this reflector. The reflector gives the feeling as something private and/or collective, not so in an official web platform (personal interpretation).

Thanks for describing your RX setup, interesting!

Well, about your picture: If the time is in UTC, it matches the time of my transmission very well! Sadly i have not transmitted a real character, such as "K" or "C" or so. But your trace is stable in frequency! This is not the case for the most signals on VLF! Additionally, the trace shows the typical frequency offset of my DDS VFO, about 30...40 mHz lower than in the display! This are all indications for my signal! So i would say yes, it is a positive reception. Maybe some others can comment if it can be seen as a valid reception. I would say yes. You can imagine how the reception would have been some hours earlier, when the QRN was 10 dB less! :-)

Michel, what is our distance? My locator is JN49IS.

Best 73 and i hope you will be there in the next test as well :-)

Stefan/DK7FC