Re: LF: ERP DISTANCE ETC

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: ERP DISTANCE ETC
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 20:13:35 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
The trouble is that these misleading figures get published and then some think that the world can be worked using uWatts on LF when in fact it CANNOT
Your figures quoted earlier then modified by others all conflict depending on speculation or guesswork, everyone has a go. The outcome is usually as I have previously stated arrive at a figure then it could be plus/minus by up to 10 dB which is a lot, this renders the experiment meaningless.
My argument is not a criticism of individuals and what they do but the misleading figures and calculations produced that could misguide others.
QRP merchants like to get reports from well equipped stations with proper elevated antennas, there is little or no chance of them hearing each other,
In all walks of life there is disagreement, scientist for example.
Building a suitable amplifier to generate 1W erp on 137 Kcs or 10W erp on 500 Kcs would be preferable to watching TV.
I am ready both RX and TX on CW for 8.97 Kcs and would immediately build a suitable rf amplifier if the band becomes available for TX in the UK
I can guarantee you will hear me if you use an elevated antenna suitable for purpose.

G3KEV