Re: LF: prosound amp

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: prosound amp
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 13:49:50 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=bQ+ulkJEYHTY9UR8F66Su9qstG7LZE7Jw3v6WshvLu8=; b=ODBj6Ok/LAcbK83rpBYzwle+5D0gDN8wVHTXfzlt8/6lio6O+GzkIJHfmQxfVmBtMl iTV4mRqlGoizFbcmSxaVzCpOOOs+4gDA8oW7Y5MFqLNzjrloXWkFNDY0s1DnawyC+6bu 1SeYAGc/axhkIKizSdhtu46u4c4k2/Ks16qX0=
Sender: [email protected]
Mal,

Re sub-9kHz, the general view is that a loop and preamp something like the M0BMU design reproduced on my sub-9kHz page of my website (see https://sites.google.com/site/g3xbmqrp/Home/10khz) is a good bet for receive, coupled with Spectran or Spectrum Lab or similar software running on a PC. Accurate calibration seems necessary to know where exactly to look.

With the signal and noise levels likely, I suspect that CW will be difficult and that slow QRSS or DFCW will be needed to get useful radiated distances, as Stefan has already shown Mal.

Still, with your big antenna and power you may prove everyone wrong and in a way I hope you do. Imagine hearing a DX signal on CW on 8.97kHz.

73s
Roger G3XBM