LF: Re: TA DX on the dreamers band?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: TA DX on the dreamers band?
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 17:26:57 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btinternet.com; s=s1024; t=1278606547; bh=pGWRR0zErHdadYf7fEjg9PFZP6hdLeICW/VPtPrvAyI=; h=Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Antivirus:X-Antivirus-Status; b=fNDsm5E3vhDIryHZ7OwjThBx1IyRJHR4oyGE5ByAvTu/cmwo/0UI+M6IAnSFuogMCyBOapz8P1vQq212HsgP+f4FuVTWMArslBo3OqKQaiktSQtejN0MpYM8bKaKrVzx2/2Rod7Fdm6uGWOhZUc9hqN0EqnMDGzhGuF2ysS3dvo=
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=DKIM-Signature:Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Antivirus:X-Antivirus-Status; b=t6oDMxiZqSkR6LQUBLNSpT7kPokmkFZISd2axKVmoywK7QMgTu4jXH29uCXMZEeE/XCj13L/0+DUbMipYwIvB9UvNjU+8EjveIuTa6AWWCewSH6QvThfyzZEPnwYmaEn+LFoFhVxqqNb0OnqgVDgPrSAx1Tmb6PDIqlhj9jtnuY= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan, Mmmm I suppose I put my head right into the noose there :-))

I think this is a difficult one. I am sure the ideal time would be just
before sunset in Canada or just before dawn in Europe. That is not much of a
help as flying kites at those times is not really feasible  :-))   Thinking
more generally I would say the best time in a daylight path might be mid-day
at mid path.....but that is only a "gut feeling". But in daytime, summer
might be better for daytime propagation than winter (not allowing for
seasonal noise variation) ......I'm ducking and diving and hedging by bets
:-))

It could be Paul's waveguide propagation equations would give helpful
answers. If only to calculate the approximate signal levels to compare with
the previous tests. Its 4 times further that suggest 16 times the ERP or
"capability" of the system. Hopefully if the VLF effect helps it might only
need be nearer to 6 to 8dB. There may also be a limitation to how narrow a
bandwidth you can use on reception on a path of this length.

I am watching with interest, this is quite a new area, and you can't beat
experimentation. If that don't fit the theory..... you have to devise a new
theory ....not junk the measurements, because you cant argue with
measurement.

Best Wishes
Alan G3NYK