RE: LF: Noise R75 - rs232 from smpsu -

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: Noise R75 - rs232 from smpsu -
From: Laurence KL7UK <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 21:49:39 -0800
Sender: [email protected]
Chaps - thanks for the all the advice - more to chew on -

Dave common mode chokes do a bit but I need more - the S meter on the main T array sits at S3 or so mostly non man made which is the best Ive had so far s/n wise but the dang noise adds a few dB (Im being really pe-nickity) - opto, Eddy boxes and more playing is needed - seems noise from the PSU getting onto the data lines mostly common I think  - opto is my best bet.

Cheers for the advice again on direct and indirect emails -

running the main "T" (actually an offset X and Y bottom loaded 50 ft vertical on 137 khz and really pleased -

grabber running on http://kl1x.com/alaska.html

the slightest sniff of dcf39...not bad for July...

Laurence