Re: LF: Re: Re: 137 kcs

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Re: 137 kcs
From: Horst Stöcker <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 10:00:23 +0200 (CEST)
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Mal,

as you are not interested in gaming on 9kHz no one will force you to be active
there.

We all know now: Mal is personally not interested. No need to repeat that once
a week.

Communication is just one aspect of the whole thing HAM radio. The most
important aspect is experimenting and learning. And let me stress: also
learning by doing. And this aspect is beconing stronger with every day we have
cell phones and world wide web.

> it  does not justify the effort for maybe one qso at QRS 60000000000000000.

If you want to see it like this really nothing justifies the effort for HAM
radio. Why getting QRV on ATV? We have Skype. Why doing Packet Radio? We have
the web. Why doing SSB, Scatter, EME? We have cell phones.

>The  average radio amateur does not have sufficient space for antennas or the
>power  to generate a workable signal.

There is no band where amateurs can generate a signal like the commercials.

The "average radio amateur" of today is using plug and play equipment. D-Star
is just the peak. 5/0 73 operation on 20m is not better.

Until now I have learned the most doing "useless" experiments like on  9kHz or
even 430 THz.

vy73 Horst DO1KHS/DI2AN
WEB.DE DSL ab 19,99 Euro/Monat. Bis zu 150,- Euro Startguthaben und
50,- Euro Geldprämie inklusive! https://freundschaftswerbung.web.de