Re: LF: NIL LF/MF

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: NIL LF/MF
From: Chris Osborn <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 09:04:44 +0000 (GMT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.co.uk; s=s1024; t=1274691884; bh=ZMFmuhHM2/1JWJZzrWZHzRsAWMNAObHmGUjxPbz5tnc=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=t4Nj0Jzd3Ro+J9tLOLhj8SyD+V36kNwh9MYSIWj27gmghla9nWEd+jxfOoyNBT+4Du1k3aFCOofMEXfuDM1XGWKYI+sc6xS4dnbIAdXpiwyVJkVSKhHgl0Bm2VM5DquTec8nqqN1/T01lysRFix9VrxvuDxEPHw7SoYOClM1v5s=
Sender: [email protected]
LF,

I called CQ on CW for hours over the weekend.

There is an oasis of activity locally with M0JXM and G7NKS often transmitting.
I work both these gentlemen most weekends.

Unfortunately my local noise level has suddenly and inexplicably increased by 8 dB or so causing some of my old regular contacts e.g. GW3UEP to drop to the noise level.
I'm working on resolving the problem.

WSPR'ing overnight in no way detracts from CW activities as there's nobody on at that time.

Our PA friends are quite active on MF and most of my last 12 contacts have been with Dutch stations.They are all good signals.

I'll continue to call CQ on weekend mornings and welcome any replies, near of far.
Alas, still having to work for a living I find it difficult to be active during weekdays.

A correction ot my earlier reflector note: my WSPR transmit power is usually 60 mW
ERP (0.05W) but last Friday I increased power to 640 mW ERP (0.5W)

73 Chris G3XIZ