Re: LF: Re: Re: VLF SIGS

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Re: VLF SIGS
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 11:39:35 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=8WGs9oTDAs/DB0Gt73eELGh2h9h7vpYBxSZ0M8ydX0M=; b=JKnuU6WqQzyIfjJ7bDeknnDmwW3xmHVAO7MCRsRG/Ey5/gYocl4b/DexQVmF8gRStk 7sih+6Dvgg3s09p021Ft/sIuzmV7y61AC79CBDHkjdecAHt0thUkj+lX1x7ipLIqczzU dJO77GBbmeEgVnaBUU4yoWiky8n4oljvlyCu0=
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Mal,

Excellent news that you're taking steps in the 8.97kHz direction. Your involvement will be much appreciated by many and there are lots of DX records for you to set. It would give me the greatest of pleasure to decode/see/hear a signal from you.

The best chance of a signal that you might copy will be when Stefan DK7FC tests with his QRO and kite antenna next, although I believe the background noise is much higher in summertime. To copy him we will all need decent DSP based PC receivers with accurate frequency calibration and narrow effective bandwidths. As you know, Paul Nicholson copied him in Yorkshire some weeks back. My own transmissions are unlikely to be copied more than a few kilometers away.

BTW, the main VLF military/commercial transmitters are strong here on a most basic VLF receiver and antenna. I've not  tried to listen for the Alpha beacons recently although I could copy them using my upconverter the last time I tried some weeks ago.

73s and I wish you the best of success

Roger G3XBM