RE: LF: ROS 500kHz test beacon

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: ROS 500kHz test beacon
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 22:49:28 +0200
Accept-language: nl-NL, nl-BE
Acceptlanguage: nl-NL, nl-BE
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Gary,

I just downloaded and installed ROS.
After launching it I first thought it was a flight simulator ;-)
I got 2 solid copies at 20:32 and 20:38 (you attempting a QSO with G0NBD). ROS gives only -29dB (almost on the red area) despite the fact that I can see you signal with SpecLab in QRSS1 modus and when to QSB boosts up I can even hear it. If I knew the coding it would be easily possible to decode it using the SpecLab screenshot.
To have a better idea about how robust ROS is you would need to reduce your ERP by several dB.

73, Rik  OR7T - ON7YD