Re: LF: Volcanic ash

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Volcanic ash
From: pws <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 20:20:27 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Mal,

You wrote:

> Rx condx on MF seem to be down possibly the volcanic ash. EU signals
> weaker than usual.

Interesting hypothesis! I'm observing the signal from NRK/TFK, Iceland at
37.5 kHz (314deg., 2120km) round the clock since many months. The
propagation path, compared to the trace of that cloud of volcanic ash, is
almost "optimal" from here at North Germany. A preliminary check of my data
does not reveal any significant effect. But that does not mean that any
effects are impossible - only unlikely.

And, of course, lower LF is not MF.

Greetings from Kiel,
Peter, df3lp