LF: DFCW

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: DFCW
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 15:13:27 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
After many years of using QRSS, I have been spurred into modifying my
DDS to give me DFCW capability for the first time.

Would experienced DFCW operators please give me the benefit of their
experience?

If you are specifying a frequency, do you quote the Dash, Dot or
centre frequency?

I am using ON7YD's 'QRS' software and it seems that the clearest
signal is given by the following settings:
"DFCW double space"
"Key Gap 1s" (for 3sec dots)

This gives a good visible gap between characters and a small gap
between elements.

It looks like the signal might be clearer when using 4s dots.

What do the experts think?

Mike, G3XDV

It looks like