Re: LF: 9kHz without high voltage

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: 9kHz without high voltage
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 19:56:38 -0000
Sender: [email protected]

Making a Torodial antenna, as presented at the Egham HFC would be a good start .. the concept of the mirror differed from the published articles ... I made one and oddly it worked quite well at Hf ..how it worked ive no idea .how a 12 inch diameter coil resting on a old no-entry sign (alloy plate) one end fed with coax from the atu the other open achived qso's from 160 to 10 mtrs .. who knows .... .its still hanging in the shed .. but a large one may work at 9 khz without the need for all the coils etc ... Did anyone else attend the lecture ?.. it followed the chap from Birmingham with a selection of loop antennas . ....

G ...

NB .. Can anyone read this .. as '' design of toroidal reflector ..... Antennas '' is showing in the google search

http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/content~content=a770413350&db=all