Re: LF: Problems joining group

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Problems joining group
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 18:20:59 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btinternet.com; s=s1024; t=1269714180; bh=v88dtQokrpGQ1n/vMhSajIz2x0+qxMLt7eozJJuZDDA=; h=Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=53GJiqz9ay+b1OAv08kLTrAQ0t1ZJ7VNuQZS8bPLSVdGmWb9c1y3EwD4FNpC2ns7pZqBL/sWnIH77+0pVBDqqrXIrdNvdi89mOGkpl1waK2O7MlI8m45FP+du5xG/xCtrnp/VrCGLrpD54wGXz6XDENA3VR3/3rs9TuhpRqc17A=
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=DKIM-Signature:Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=3hYOwBEzwoP/PFti2t3Z2EUj5f5xzt9Mo7dlOCdzyJ7k2dwgfG3IGk465kHRRXHRdK2agH9LjEtmIvZRW//TLR1OFmsVVIuxrXX+ackyGodg229FANU+HUwX50bTEUNiHg0MVLtDhHYKKity7Nejj4rg/AaFmKbz1fb8bNF9Zi8= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Ah Mike I think this may be majordomo rejecting it or BT-Yahoo seeing the
response as "bulk" and adding it to the spam folder ??  Check to see if
messages are actually being received by looking in the webmail spam or bulk
folder.

Else....
It could be you are not tripping the subscription command .
The usual reason for this is having "Send in HTML" on. The extra text
totally confuses the parser. So....

1. Make sure you are sending in text only.
2. Send a message to [email protected]
    the subject can be blank
    On the first line, in the first column (no leading spaces or tabs) type
subscribe rsgb_lf_group
end

The "end" is the 2nd line of the mesage and the reason for that is that
these days many ISPs add advertising tails to messages particularly if in
HTML but sometimes in text as well. This throws the command parser off
course. If it doesnt know what to do with the message it just junks it with
no reply. I spend 3 months trying to subscribe back in 2000, but didnt know
who to ask. .....also from a btinternet address :-)).

Best wishes
Alan G3NYK