Re: LF: 500 ACTY

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 500 ACTY
From: g4gvw <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 23:08:30 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi All,

Having past experience of negotiating with our national regulators, I am
always respectful and appreciative of those who do this work as unpaid
volunteers.
A well-known colleague of ours in this group was for a number of years
also a business partner of mine. His advice to me when I embarked on
similar work from within our trade federation was that I should always
assume that, no matter the subject, the automatic initial response from
the 'sybil serpents' to any question or request would be 'NO', 'NON',
'Ce ne'st possible', 'Absolutely Not!', 'Over our dead bodies', 'We have
no rational argument BUT WE ARE your Humble Servants and it IS in your
best interests to refuse you permission to do something worthwhile and
sensible! (even more so if you might profit from it)'

As I suggested in my earlier email, drink a big toast to such seekers of
the grail who do pit themselves against the serried ranks of 'Bro
Crassy' who govern in spite of and in (default) cahoots with our learned
and wise 'Polly Tickle Masters'!

'Twas ever thus

--
73 es gd dx de pat g4gvw