Re: LF: My first tests below 9 kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: My first tests below 9 kHz
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 17:02:30 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=XVoBXaqSl3GUlokA87+nFCVayOmKip7G2Skk8WKiGjY=; b=co3q2FqNsKPSj+BPXE6mzlfAG7Cfv11h5ab1WGXSk4btvILOk/bFYsk9qx0fa/YXWf 1QSsdDFlFSQQNsNt1BlmhVvMVWYDKQMFd4vYQBVOkjTul0EExbdW0yqHIr/wLS72DGCu X8m51WQnqrZoQ0X5+p58GK1ekldiKyHcx7wXA=
Sender: [email protected]
Horst,

You may be interested in my web page about amateur communications below 10kHz. Have you tried grounded electrode pairs and "earth mode" through-the-ground conduction/induction communications? Attenuation is inversely proportional to distance cubed (near field) so more power will help a great deal. I have yet to repeat my own experiments made some years ago, but this time with a mode like WSPR or QRSS, but I suspect that even with just a few watts my range would be considerably further than my 0.3kms.

See http://sites.google.com/site/g3xbmqrp/Home/10khz and do look at the attached .pdf paper (see bottom of the web page) on the subject written some years ago by G0AKN (now a silent key).

73s
Roger G3XBM