LF: Re: PA matching oddity

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: PA matching oddity
From: "Clemens Clemens" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 21:14:37 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
I've no practical experience with Mosfet PAs.
Nonetheless according to your diagram this is definitely a 1:3 transformer.
Ther's no way how an autotransformer mode could come into play somehow.

>The secondary winding is made of insulated coax, two turns are full screened as they pass through the cores / >tubing, but each turn has the braid cut at the hot end and *joined to the two ends of the secondary*,

You mean...joined to the two ends of the *primary* ?

It seems that those connections serve to increase the effective conductor cross section
of the primary to carry the heavy currents involved.
The braids of the coax ar eused as parallel conductors of the brass tubing = primary winding..

73
Clemens
DL4RAJ