AW: LF: 2nd try of sending the pic of my loop preamp with the BF862

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: AW: LF: 2nd try of sending the pic of my loop preamp with the BF862
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 21:04:38 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Alan and tnx for your reply. (also the other stns who confirmed that the pic
was correctly sent now)

A bigger signal? You mean more Drain current? That is possible (up to 75mA for
this Diode) and would be an advantage but also a disadvantage if we think on a
battery supply. The BF862 provides abt 20mA @ Uds=0 (measured out at 4
specimens) which is enough for that application.
And so the circuit is kept really simple and needs not even a measuring device,
except to find the resonance/ adjust the C (but that can be done in Argo)...
:-)
I hope i can give some RX reports soon (changing my QTH from Darmstadt to
Heidelberg this weekend and so not much time...)

73, Stefan/DK7FC