Re: LF: Anti Social ssb

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Anti Social ssb
From: Andy Talbot <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 15:59:04 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=tPVQG3OKW+HaTcEOruwuXihhlyzrUqdx7Q6KkihwUlQ=; b=OAKE/dUtuterlenPHNgUWo1dUNcVJzIlKchbYNErJd4JXElVA+JICbH5AY7Frf7+cg h+cjaI5cBa77kZLvxueotsM9OrS4u/oYrCCKkwslmBTp2k92SYmUuR+aJTZFioAgxH4b Cixl25BYRYYK1l7NLXVPiCz1mmuqjPHS//3Wc=
Sender: [email protected]
There is a way...

If you can arrange an oscillator so that it can be pulled onto the
four WSPR tone frequencies (separated by 1.46Hz ) by two logic lines.
 This could be as simple as two resistors, one twice the value of the
other, giving a 2-bit D/A converter, controlling a varicap on the
oscillator.

Then a PIC keyer can generate the logic level drive.
See    www.g4jnt.com/WSPRBCNS.ZIP   for details of generating teh WSPR
message and the PIC code

The design in there uses a GPS receiver to get accurate timing, but
with some trivial PIC code changes it could be made to work in a
standalone manually trigerred mode.

Perhaps there's a demand here...

WSPR encoding on the fly is easy enough in a PC
http://www.g4jnt.com/wspr_coding_process.pdf
A prog could be written to output the two-bit data via a USB/Serial
port and PIC based dongle...

Andy
www.g4jnt.com

Andy
www.g4jnt.com

This email has been scanned for damaging side-effects by the health
and safety police, is guaranteed to contain no substances hazardous to
health, but may contribute to dissolving the nether and polar regions