Re: LF: QRP-beacon AGC

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: QRP-beacon AGC
From: "rn3agc" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 22:57:35 +0300
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Stefan,

Idea excellent! But to make it is unreal. I do not have possibility to do any
changes in the aerial. If suddenly with the aerial
something happens also it will break, I will make the new aerial a double wire.
And fortunately, the aerial becomes covered by ice
infrequently. By the way, the ice layer this time was absolutely small. There
were cases that the wire became covered by ice till
the thickness of 12 mm :)
Thanks!

73 Andrey

Hi Andrey,

Perhaps it is an idea to use 2 wires in parallel as the antenna wire. If you
connect the two wires together at the end, you have
the possibility to fed a DC current to the wire to melt the ice. A few Volt and
a few Ampere should be enough, so not much power
waste. It could be fed by a standard AC-decoupling network or can be injected
during the TX breaks of your beacon by a relay (or
it can be done by hand from time to time ;-) ). So you could avoid the crash of
your wire...

What do you think? ;-)

73, Stefan/DK7FC