LF: 10 mW WSPR beacon.

To: <[email protected]>, <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 10 mW WSPR beacon.
From: "Gus" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 17:06:46 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Dear LF group,

After running beacon WSPR night 6-7 November with only 10 mW ERP (125 mW) TX power on 500 kHz it gives me great surprise, that a very long range can be achieved with extremely small power!

Dave AA1A got a decoding where the distance between us is 5756 km.

Also a number of EU stn?s reported decodes.

On previous occasions, with a power of 1 W ERP is Laurence KL1X/BY3A reported a number of decoding where the distance between us is 7284 km.

I would also like to thank the other reporting from the night's 10 mW broadcasts, and note that WSPR is a fashion which is particularly suitable for very low power!

73 de Gus SM6BHZ

www.sm6bhz.com