LF: Re: Losses due to ant in tree?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Losses due to ant in tree?
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 19:43:00 -0000
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=rVW3CdlIaLloKc0KL3wdQsFoBrtui/cBhiwwVVlPvWuVQW6sc9Z2DHS32JYLN6wnNm7VPg+B2iPQwBe8moHNkuqXh0c57V98rSLAuseC4OLS/fZb8Kiw8r+0Thy2BBTYScONszsKs2FgiP2yXSdrClpYHINny6el7zEFdvwKz28= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Jim you cant really calculate these thing s becayuse there are just to
many varibles. The only way it to measure the loss of the untuned aerial
with and rf bridge and then measure the same format out in the open...same
ground same weather same season etc etc. The Yanks put their aerials through
the trees because they use loops and the voltage on the wires in many order
lower so the current lost to the tree is much smaller. (I think) Jim Moritz
used to have some dramtic measurements taken on 136kHz before and after
pruning his "aboretum"  May thumbnail approack says put a vertical at least
as far away from trees, walls, roofs etc as it is high. Not aways easy!

Alan G3NYK