Re: LF: 500 kHz TA report

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: 500 kHz TA report
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 14:17:03 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Jay,

in WSPR I run about 50 Watt. Estimated ERP is about 0.2 Watt.
For CW I have a 250 Watt transmitter, so my ERP should be about 1 Watt.
I cannot use the big TX for WSPR as it needs to be driven at the double frequency (that is divided by 2 and so provides the 180 degrees shifted signals to drive the push-pull PA). I intend to build new a 300 or 400 W PA that can be driven directly at 500kHz, when time permits.

All WSPR reports I received from AA1A, K1JT and VE1VDM were between 22:00 and 22:30 UTC. So this seems a good moment.
Before trying a 2-way contact I would like to check if I can hear you.
But as said, I cannot spend all evening at the station and therefor would appreciate it to know in advance when I have to listen, either for you or for other US / Canadian stations.

73, Rik ON7YD - OR7T