Re: LF: AW: DCF39 strong on west coast.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: AW: DCF39 strong on west coast.
From: Scott Tilley <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 12:48:53 -0800
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Wolf

Due to a decided shift in policy making by both RAC and Industry Canada, I have elected not to participate in their decidedly unamateur experimental program for 600m as a matter of principle.

I remain fully committed to further experimental work on 2200m and look forward to the day when Canada 'finally' authorizes the band. I hope the spirit of some experimenters out there isn't dead and someone is willing to spark up a beacon from EU as the path seems the best I've seen in years of monitoring.

73 Scott
VE7TIL CN89dk

Wolf Ostwald wrote:
Hi Scott !
Interesting about the signal from DCF in Germany. That transmitter is about
50 miles east of me. But on LF almost no chance for VE7.
Are You doing any on 500 kcs ? That band is more of a chance for the
westcoast. But as of yet I have not reached the east coast on 500 kc.
But I am planning on good improvements for 500 kcs on the antenna side.
Let me know if You do any 500 kcs obsrvations.
73 de wolf
BTW : added pix of my 505.030 kc transmitter - beacon call is  DI2BJ