LF: Re: LEONIDS and propagation

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: LEONIDS and propagation
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 20:21:20 -0000
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=whPSxUtrV3Bjd1ZbFmMjzaL30TnBQL4chRKHUEHrCN8hPhBzfqqHtR3irsd0pOgffTSwr1Shl4po9Fr+bn5hcSD7AYZ/FI0aU+TRl/Xrv+86YtW+MDEOoPGXObtNSgVb5S+bZYZCsMQReSovflFyaUk9hE5Z2asZcTt6scdFE18= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Andy observations over several months by some of the VLF group suggest
that whilst there are some radio effects from meteors at low frequencies
they are very weak and difficult to be sure of. In general there is no known
mechanism for extensive ionisation which can be detected at LF.......however
that doesnt say you shouldn't listen for it !!.....just dont be surprised if
it is a bit "underwhelming" :-))

The best bet for observing effects are are reflections between 20 and
150Mhz. In Europe, the Graves satellite radar on 140.050 is a good way to
watch pings with something like Argo or Spectrum Lab. I guess you could then
try to correlate those with LF effects. See a recent paper on Renato's web
site  www.vlf.it

Alan G3NYK