LF: Re: ERP

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: ERP
From: niels rudberg jørgensen <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 22:20:13 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hello LF Group!
The International Radio Regulations ("The Bible of
Radio Communications") define ERP as follows:
(1.162) -- effective radiated power (e.r.p.) in a given direction:
The product of the power supplied to the antenna and its gain
relative to a half-wave dipole in a given direction.
When applying for my permission I suggested the use of the
term EMRP which has the reference to a short vertical
monopole antenna. Unfortunately the PTT-people did not
know that term, so my limit became 20 Watts ERP!
It seems to me that there might be a difference of 2.6 dB
between these two definitions. But really not worth
bothering. Let us continue estimating and guessing!
73
Niels/OZ8NJ+