LF: 6th European Space Weather Week

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 6th European Space Weather Week
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 14:32:22 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Dear all,

it is a bit off topic but maybe interesting to some:

From 16-20 November there is the 6th European Space Weather Week in Bruges (Belgium), see http://sidc.oma.be/esww6/index.php .
Although the primary audience is "professional" some of the lecture are interesting for radio amateurs, as the organizers state:

Special Note:
Radio amateurs with a license to operate are also welcome to the conference and will get a discount. Radio Amateurs are requested to send a copy of their license to [email protected] within one week after registration. Registration as a Radio Amateur includes access to scientific sessions on Tuesday and Wednesday only. The reduced fee is 50 ?. Attendance to the reception and conference dinner is not included. The deadline for online registration for hams is October 19.

In addition I received a mail from Juha-Pekka Luntama  (Space Situational Awareness Programme, Space Weather Manager,  ESA). He is interested to find a radio amateur who wants to give a talk:

I am organising a splinter meeting titled as Ionospheric Effects Topical Group during the 6th European Space Weather Week. I would be interested on inviting you or somebody else from the HAMS community to give a small presentation about the ionospheric effects on radio signal propagation from the HAMS point of view.
I would like to be in contact with ppl who are planning to participate the meeting and who would be interested to give a presentation. It is also prefectly possible to have more than one person (maybe 1-2) to give the talk. The interesting topic would be the HAMS perspective and e.g. do you use existing space weather services or other information to predict when conditions suitable for your long distance communication links might exist.

73, Rik   ON7YD - OR7T