Re: LF: Re: QRSS message format?

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: QRSS message format?
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 21:30:01 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

ITU terms and definitions:

amateur service: A radiocommunication service for the purpose of self-training, intercommunication and technical investigations carried out by amateurs, that is, by duly authorized persons interested in radio technique solely with a personal aim and without pecuniary interest.ITU

As you can see intercommunication ("2 x WAY COMMUNICATION ie QSO MODE") is only one of the things amateur radio is about. And in my humble opinion far less important than self-training and technical investigations.

73, Rik  ON7YD - OR7T

Quoting mal hamilton <[email protected]>:

I always thought amateur radio was about 2 x WAY COMMUNICATION ie QSO MODE,
otherwise it is BROADCAST and SWL mode.
This is a strange  OBSERVATION
G3KEV