LF: Re: 500kHz attenuation graphs?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: 500kHz attenuation graphs?
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 14:19:22 -0000
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=UfOjhQ/vSG/S9Zx9JpfuVOaJ8zSTQ7C6IY/O2V8UFK7s9W7LVDoYs5MQ5+bM5/lk5i//iUbm8F5PHMOgNp8I4Ex6lHzb75KHW31jfm3ksKrFbt721OpoI1eRhU4oVBz1/SGZx1Fad27boqOukd15ai9+JTSZ8308USrqoij7SdU= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Roger you will find that the late Reg Edwards programs GRNDWAV3 (I think)
gives a very good idea of ground wave strengths. I do have an article here
(somewhere) from Jack Belrose with I believe some skywave strength formula
in it. (I am "between two PCs" at the moment :-)) and it is undoubtedly on
the other one ) Generally at LF the skywave starts to equal or exceed the
groundwave strength at ranges exceeding 700km. It may be a little less that
that at 500k. It also depends a little on the receive-system senitivity to a
given mode, which is why very low power stations sometimes experience a
"quiet zone" at least to audible reception.

Alan G3NYK