LF: 500 still in use?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 500 still in use?
From: Laurence BY3A-KL1X China <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 00:40:37 -0800
Sender: [email protected]

Im asked whether 500kcs or  kHz etc is still in use here and yes it is - heres a TTT TTT Nav warning on 500.00 Khz at  Hr +18 from XSV Tianjin radio about 15 miles from me just a few mins ago.

I dont hear Ship to Ship or Ship to Shore on MF, or should I say I havent yet and none of my ships or platforms are equipped here, but the Chinese announced back in 2007 that 486 Khz (assigned) is to be used for a "National language channel" - Im not sure if this relates to safety traffic/navtex or gen bsct - or  whatever, but Tianjin is just increasing its output power on that freq to 5Kw, and dont I know it.

http://kl1x.com/xsv nav.wav   (256k)

Laurence in BY3A

Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft. Get it now. =