Re: LF: Re: US 500-kHz band plan

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: US 500-kHz band plan
From: <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 16:02:19 -0400
Sender: [email protected]

Jim, LF group

<2 cents>

If T/A is of interest it seems like a three frequency slot system would be benificial.

slot 1) EU beacons (not attempting a QSO)

slot 2) USA beacons (not attempting a QSO)

slot 3) EU/USA stations attempting a QSO on the same frequency (for convenience in digital modes)

Slots 1 and 2 should not be combined as 'local' interference will preclude reception of T/A. A similar three slot system could be used for cw, although operating 'split' on cw is less of a problem than on the digital modes.

The WD2XSH bandplan eats up large chunks of spectrum by unnecessarily handing out frequency allocations to all stations. Past performance within the XSH group has shown that some never got on the air and many others haven't been on the air in years. Only a very few stations are regularly active. We would be better served by an 'open' frequency slot system as outlined above. It doesn't appear the WE2XGR station will be following the XSH band plan as currently laid out.

</2 cents>

Jay W1VD  WD2XNS  WE2XGR/2

----- Original Message ----- From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>