LF: Long Haul 137

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Long Haul 137
From: Laurence BY3A-KL1X China <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 21:34:39 -0800
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Chaps and Chappesses. The long haul conditions towards Eu, and for that matter probably elsewhere are pretty good at the moment - DCF39 was pounding in way over S9 last night here on the Eastern coastal region of China, and s/n noise, in a box or otherwise, were getting better and it wasnt hurting my ears any more. Always a good sign. Mid range NDB's at around 1500Kms on the otherhand were down a bit.

If anyone wants to shove any mode up the spout on 137 or 500 my way Id be delighted to turn the knobs as long as you send an email before lights out here at around 1330z.

Its interesting to look at the 500 captures of Gus and see how short the opening is at the moment - akin to the ol' gray/grey oblique iono tilts. looking at the data the typical fades/peaks are around 1 minute, so longer than I thought, but very deep, but I bet they change when the iono kicks up. Slightly short a time for WOLF but Im betting it still overall a better mode for long (long) haul than results have shown so far with WSPR.

Laurence, SWLing in  OM89UA Tanggu China.

Lauren found her dream laptop. Find the PC that’s right for you. =