Re: LF: G3XBM - overnight 500kHz WSPRing tonight

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: G3XBM - overnight 500kHz WSPRing tonight
From: Roger Lapthorn <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 08:46:31 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=MqI4KRG6zQBkFON+/nvqwqp+lDAH0lTzP1heMzGy2Dw=; b=aLzjaqA7O8zecbczwzGB+w7Zue87Rh45F9rKj4MVn+cgqy3OZj61L37k+3LFk64jJl HjRBWv13At+zmGHgaZV8ex/v3PYHvN+yNGKtUhhIrMtwaJ3dDqwT3QwQNveIxIH1qz/L HzApwsO2fe9h4/ByXiTj8/F06UWCFmuzOar+E=
Sender: [email protected]
Hi John (and others),

Thanks again for listening out for me on 500kHz WSPR. The only reports overnight were from G3XVL in Ipswich, a path that seems to be very reliable from here even with my tiny QRP set-up.

Although I will run the beacon again overnight tonight, it looks like I need to improve my antenna, ground and TX power to get more range. These are all things I shall address when I get back from holiday. The TX transverter will easily convert to a full RX/TX transverter, so with a bit more power I can have a go at some CW QSOs as well.

I've been a late starter with my 500kHz NoV, but I can't tell you how much fun this is now. The breakthrough was realising that although big antennas, lots of power and large low loss ATUs are "a good thing" they are not a necessity to get results, at least with WSPR.

Thanks again for the encouragement given here by everyone.

73s
Roger G3XBM
http://g3xbm-qrp.blogspot.com/