LF: last night - WOLF10 test and WSPR

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: last night - WOLF10 test and WSPR
From: Laurence BY3A-KL1X China <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 22:47:44 -0800
Sender: [email protected]
Thanks to Gus Jim and others - no decodes overnight here - reasonably high QRN and a "new" carrier have landed on Gus's tx freq 503.950...(?). I got up at 3.00am to check progress so another day of red eyes and imbibing  Chinese version of Red Bull. "Maos' Red Flag Ale"

Ill be working on another pre-selector tonight - I left mine (W1VD design) and the LPF back in AK, doh!

I measured 12 descrete carriers on 504 plus or minus 5 Hz - a couple had low level music/speech modulation on them and as suggested are probably 8 or 9kHz (x56th etc)  harmonics from local entertainment or other homely/industrial devices nearby and not all attributable to RTE..

At 0700 local the local radio MW blow torch stations change to their daytime power and antenna - this causes a few more lines to appear :-((

Laurence
Sunny Tianjin...

> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]
> Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 07:07:06 +0100
> Subject: LF: Re: tonight - WOLF10 test
>
> Dear LF Group,
>
> Thanks for the reports overnight - the WOLF10 beacon closed down at 0600utc.
>
> Cheers, Jim Moritz
> 73 de M0BMU

Get back to school stuff for them and cashback for you. Try Bing now. =